We’ve made it! The end of 2015 is here! I have survived another year, and honestly, it was one of the best years of my life.
Here are some of the positive highlights from the past year:
- I fell in love with one of my best friends
- I was awarded scholarship money for the college I ended up going to
- I attended my senior prom with a wonderful group of friends
- I graduated with honors from high school
- I had a graduation party and got to see a lot of people who I love
- I moved to college
- I got accepted into the top band program at my college
- I made some new friends at school
- I saw Taylor Swift in concert with my sister and good friend
- I turned 19 and got to spend it with my family and friends
- I got to spend the holiday seasons with loved ones
As always, I definitely faced some major changes and new challenges this year. Moving 4.5 hours away from my family, having all of my friends scattered across the state, dealing with heartbreak, and drifting away from some of my friends were the most difficult things I had to deal with in 2015. However, I wholeheartedly believe that these events and changes only made me stronger and helped me get to where I am today. I am overwhelmed with the amount of love and support I receive from those I care about, and I am incredibly blessed with the life I have and the people in it.
There are many things I want to accomplish in 2016, but here a just a few:
- Read 5 novels for my own enjoyment
- Start a journey towards having a more minimalistic mindset (getting rid of things in my life that no longer bring me joy or are just taking up space)
- Learn how to use watercolors for brush lettering
- More journaling
- Focus more on the positives of life
- And of course the usual drink more water, exercise more, get more sleep
Cheers to the new year and another chance for us to get it right!
Do everything with so much love in your heart that you would never want to do it any other way